MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setting Up SEO URLs in v1.6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Given that I cannot activate the SEO Links! plug-in due to incompatibility with v1.6, how can I turn my URLs into being SEO friendly (non dynamic) again? I hope I'm not looking at complete loss of all SE traffic now that after upgrade all of my URLs are different, hence anyone referred to an old URL by a SE will land on dead page Sad

Any help Confused
I'm a newb, got it figured out. Sorry about the trouble. The key was to get rid of the MyBB rewrite rules along with adding the SpiceFuse ones otherwise the first one to appear in the htaccess gets preference from the latter. It was boggling my mind but I got it sorted out, except from member profiles which don't seem to redirect to SEO friendly URLs and remain dynamic Sad
http://community.mybb.com/thread-46423.html - Read the first post, it works with MyBB 1.6, you just need the right functions.php
Thanks cohen, I'll take a look at it. Could I make a suggestion though? I searched for 1.6 compatible plugins that would contain SEO in its name or description and nothing was returned. Had your plugin been filed as compatible with 1.6 I would have probably already looked at it - just a thought.

Let me give it a look now Wink
(2010-09-08, 08:41 AM)Tranny Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks cohen, I'll take a look at it. Could I make a suggestion though? I searched for 1.6 compatible plugins that would contain SEO in its name or description and nothing was returned. Had your plugin been filed as compatible with 1.6 I would have probably already looked at it - just a thought.

Let me give it a look now Wink

I don't think it has been officially updated because that plugin didn't need any updating for MyBB 1.6, just the another version of the functions.php was made available with the relevant modifications. The actual plugin in the mods part of the MyBB site should probably be updated with the latest functions.php file.

Oh well - heaps of people use the plugin and have no issues. I use it on all of my websites and don't have an issue. If you set it up correctly, then you will get good results.

Hopefully i was of some assistance to you.
My post was meant to hopefully hint a pointer that perhaps updating the plugins page with the fact that it is also compatible with v1.6 would allow a newb users like myself a chance to find them in the depository when searching for it. I searched and zero results were returned so I assumed there was nothing available. And there could be other people like me so I thought that if whoever administers the page of the plugin could update their page, it would be easier for newbs to find it and use it.