MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Random "New post" Icon since I upgraded to 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Sorry if some sentence don't make sense, I am not 100% biligual!

I have recently updated MyBB from 1.4.[...] to 1.6 and I now have a problem. New post Icons appear in front of some sub forums even though there is no new post and it happens randomly (is that a word?)

When I click on "new messages", there is nothing. It's just an issue with the display of the icons...

My config:
MyBB 1.6 with french pack installed (same error if board is in english)
PHP version: 5.2.13
SQL: MySQLi 5.1.48
Hosted by Host Papa

Plugins:
Google SEO
Myblogs

Thanks!
This is being looked into Smile
I'm getting the same issue, for some stranger reason not only sub forums but forums have the "new post" button but there are no new posts, I'm sure this is a bug.
So... something new on that issue???

My site users started to notice it and have told me about it!

Since I am not a code genius, I rely on your incredible brainpower! Smile
We've got the same issue. After upgrading from 1.4.13 directly to 1.6.0 there appears to be a problem with displaying new posts notifications without new posts being there.

It's pretty annoying.
I also have this issue.

Good that it's being looked into!
I have got the same issue old posts opening as new posts

Just to inform you all, This Issue was fixed here:

http://dev.mybboard.net/issues/1141

Just download the revision and everything will be alright! Should be included in the next update I think...
That's a completely different issue than you originally described (and a horrible fix Smile but read status for guests is broken either way). It doesn't change anything about the subforum unread issue...
Hum... but it did work on my personal website...

And the fact that those "New post" icons were appearing had to do with guest settings (as for what I've read)... registered users were seeing the home page as if they were guest users...
Pages: 1 2