MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PORTAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

can you tell me how to activate my portal and have it as my home page

many thanks

shaunBig Grin
It should be active anyway at yoursite.com/portal.php

Add this to you .htaccess to make the portal the landing page:

DirectoryIndex portal.php
(2010-09-08, 05:28 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]It should be active anyway at yoursite.com/portal.php

Add this to you .htaccess to make the portal the landing page:

DirectoryIndex portal.php

i cant find what to do i have attached the file
How do you edit your portal?
Just copy and paste that code on a new line anywhere in your htaccess.

You can edit your portal in the ACP >> Configuration >> Settings >> Portal Settings
It needs to be called .htaccess not htaccess.txt

You edit the templates for the portal in the ACP like anything else.
Don't forget the following:
htaccess.txt needs to be renamed to .htaccess, and you can also do this by renaming index.php to forums.php and portal.php to index.php, the second is actually the better method IMO.

EDIT: Err, is it forums.php or forum.php, I forget now... Matt? AJS?
i get this message when i change the name to .htaccess

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
(2010-09-08, 05:40 PM)shaun001 Wrote: [ -> ]i get this message when i change the name to .htaccess

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
I've just had that message