MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nicknames in classic view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set fixed width for the first column with avatars for the classic mode. But nicknames, consisting of several words with spaces not transfers to a new line, and it breaks nice view. It looks like this:

Scarlett Johansson

i need:

Scarlett
Johansson

any help?

(Looks like editing of templates leads nowhere. Perhaps it's need to edit the output format of php variable responsible for the nicknames output. But I understand nothing in php)
bump :3
So you've set the width in px?? I'd have thought it'd break onto a new line... what's your URL??
mine does the same thing aswell - I can even see it happening on this very page (i've set the classic mode in my options here on this mybb site too) - is there any workaround for this?
Have you hardcoded the width of the column??
There's a whitespace: nowrap in the td somewhere (I believe in the td style) which is causing this.
I'm sorry for my late reply - I had some issues with my cookies/passwords/logins - but that's all good now - can you point me in the right direction on the template so I can quickly try the hard code option please! I've been looking for ages but it's escaping me!! Blush

Thanks,
Hazel
ok just to update - I sorted it out and found it eventually! For those who wish to do the same - a shortcut -> template -> Post Bit Templates - > postbit_classic

I put the column to 20% works great for me Big Grin yay! I left the whitespace in though, doesn't seem to be causing any issues for me!

Thanks everyone Big Grin I'm delighted, I love the classic layout but it was bugging me not being all in line but now it's fab! Big Grin