MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HaloReachBoards.com w/ Custom Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Site has been SOLD!
Looks good. Gopd luck selling it.
Thanks.

I have received a $35 bid.
Warning to the new owner, Halo reach is trademarked if i remember, so this could likely be taken by them Wink

Good luck.
Also doesn't this need to be MyBB related?
(2010-09-09, 12:26 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Also doesn't this need to be MyBB related?

It's a developed MyBB forum so fits the criteria for advertising here. Smile
(2010-09-09, 12:26 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Warning to the new owner, Halo reach is trademarked if i remember, so this could likely be taken by them Wink

Good luck.
Also doesn't this need to be MyBB related?

Yep, that's why Halo3Forum.com, Halo3Boards.com, and Xbox360Forum.com, three massive forums with trademarked names, have been online since forever.

Received a $50 offer. Wink
Quote: Any company that registers a trademark has the right to protect their trademark and has the right to notify you that your domain name is infringing upon their trademark. Why? If your domain name has the potential of confusing the public into thinking the trademark holder is somehow affiliated with your web site, they may bring infringement claims against you. The courts would have to make the decision based upon the trademark laws and if your domain name, in fact, has the potential of confusing the public.

http://www.web-source.net/trademark.htm

Read more
http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/resource...ide299.jsp

Just because no one has taken action yet, does not mean it won't happen.
I'm 100% sure they're not going to take action on a fansite. Never has happened to me & never will. They'd only take action if you're doing something commercial, or stating that you're an official affiliate when in fact you're not. Plus, if they were going to take action then Halo3Forum.com, Halo3Boards.com, Xbox360Forum.com, and all the other thousands of fansites would've been shutdown already. I could go on and on, but I'm not doing research that you should be doing yourself. Fansites are something you're obviously not familiar with.
Tis i ran a few in my days. None also were taken down. A few times i did get email saying even though they are original artwork, it is too similar and took please change them.

Regardless, why do something stupid and pray for the best?