MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why won't these songs import into iTunes...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I downloaded a song today (it was legal, it's the theme song for a TV show which was available on the site), but when I try to add it into itunes, it won't add it. Anyone know why? The file is an MP3, and I can play it in anything other than iTunes.
Do any errors come up in iTunes?
Nope, they just don't import.
Check that the file is actually an mp3 and not a wma or anything. Since some later versions of iTunes they have to have the correct extension.
How are you adding the file in? Have you tried File > Add File.... have you tried double clicking on the file (assuming iTunes is set the default), have you tried right click > open with > iTunes...

What version of iTunes are you running? iTunes 10 is the latest version.

Hopefully i can be of some assistance.
Sometimes the file is simply corrupt. Not much you can do other than find another version of the file.
Try right Click and then open with iTunes. If it plays then it should stay in iTunes Smile

Also, try drag'n'drop Smile from explorer to itunes
(2010-09-09, 12:16 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Check that the file is actually an mp3 and not a wma or anything. Since some later versions of iTunes they have to have the correct extension.

I'll say this yet again - if it plays in other programs I can 99% guarantee this is your problem.
It's an MP3 as far as I can tell... I am using add file in iTunes, and it still won't work.
If it means anything, it plays in QuickTime...
What iTunes version? Have you tried right click and open with iTunes in explorer? Drag'n'drop?
Pages: 1 2 3