MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [COLOR] tags not producing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
all,

my tags are not coloring my text inside the code windows. does myBB support this inline coloring? Here is a screen shot:
[Image: colortags.jpg]
Test
[color="#FF0000"]Test[/color]
Test
[color="red"]Test[/color]

[color=#FF0000]Test[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Test[/color]
[color=red]Test[/color]
[color="red"]Test[/color]

Make sure 'Yes, allow MyCode in posts' is selected in the settings for the forum.
what submenu is that in? I can't seem to find it
ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > Edit Forum > *scroll down* > 'Miscellaneous Options'.
matt, all of my forum options look like this:

[Image: miscoptions_9-9-10.jpg]

the MYCODE section of the CP looks like this:

[Image: custommycode_9-10-10.jpg]

do i need to add a custom code to make this work!? thanks
No, it should work straight off.

Can I just make sure, you're not expecting it to colour the text when it's inside the [code] tag are you?? If it's in the code tag, it doesn't parse the MyCode.
(2010-09-09, 10:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]you're not expecting it to colour the text when it's inside the [code] tag are you??
YES!!!

if it doesn't, that's fine. that's what I wanted to know. I guess that's one of the perks of paying for forum software. VBulletin does it, but this doesn't. that's perfectly fine. thanks!
Oh, no the point of the [code] tags is it shows code.

And I just tried on a vB forum using the equivalent of the [code] tag (it's [html] on vB) and it does the exact same thing as this, it shows the code, doesn't parse it. I think you might be thinking of the [quote] tag if you want it to parse the MyCode... there wouldn't be much point in the [code] tag if it parsed the contents of it.