MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about thread sorting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure where this should go so I am posting this question here. I would really like to be able to have my users be able to sort a thread from "Newest to Oldest" instead of always "Oldest to Newest". Is there any way to do this? I am new to MyBB as of 2 weeks ago or so. I have searched for answers to this, but I haven't been able to come up with anything useful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I can't see how this is useful at all really. Makes it extremely difficult to read posts this way.

Back on topic though, I don't think you can do it without a mod (most likely an SQL query change).
(2010-09-09, 08:15 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see how this is useful at all really. Makes it extremely difficult to read posts this way.

News thread?
I suppose but for general thread reading it's a pain I find. I already don't read the whole post. It would be complete hell if the first post I saw was the last in the thread.
It's a specialized usage to be sure, but I can't imagine it's too difficult to implement ...
Nope. A one-liner change in the query I believe. All you're changing is ascending results to descending (or the opposite I really don't know).
Thanks for the responses. I would like some of the threads to be able to be read like the boards on http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/boa...rd_id=2587 so that when you go to the thread the latest posts are listed first. It is much easier to keep up with a board that works like that instead of the way MyBB is set up with the philosophy that every post is a response to a particular topic or question. If it is a board that you are on a lot, it is easier to begin at the end than always having to skip to the end.

I am new to MyBB. Where would I find this query to experiment with modifications to it, and would a modification like that become the default behavior for the whole site?
I'd assume the query would be in showthread.php if anything. And yes, unless you specified otherwise, it would be global.
Thanks for the response. I will look into this.

(2010-09-19, 01:04 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd assume the query would be in showthread.php if anything. And yes, unless you specified otherwise, it would be global.