MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to pull post count from database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in need of some assistance, I'm currently developing a P2H system and I can't find any documention or assitance anywhere on how to do this?

It'd prefer it be a mysql grab but anything really works?

I just need to pull the post count based on the users username/password
SELECT postnum FROM mybb_users WHERE uid = 1

Basically what you need.
Thank you, Ima try it and see if it works then report the results Smile
You should contact PolarBear, on a side note, he is also making a system.
Umm. Another question... How would i verify the username and password for the mybb user is correct?
why not look into MyBB's code to see how it works?

I will never trust a plugin built by someone that can't figure out how to utilize existing code in its simplest form and code they already have available to them.

btw, what is a p2h system?
Good to know you'll never trust it, besides the fact. I'd rather not tread on mybb's code. Advice from others is the better way to do it. Someone who already knows what their doing so I know I can trust that I'm not gonna destroy something somewhere.

P2h post to host.
Posting on a forum to get hosting in return
@Mark.M - YHM is completely different to what Rsmiley is looking for.

@pavemen - p2h = Post2Host
thanks for clarifying what p2h is.

as for not trusting, you are building a large plugin and if you can't explore the existing MyBB code and emulate how that works, how can anyone believe that the rest of your code is secure and valid? it would be different if you were asking about something new or was not readily available to you as a reference, but the MyBB login code is in your hand to look at. sorry if that bothers you.

you are not treading on MyBB's code, you are trying to interact with MyBB and you need to understand how to properly recreate/emulate/interact with the login system apparently. No treading about that.
(2010-09-14, 04:26 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]@Mark.M - YHM is completely different to what Rsmiley is looking for.

@pavemen - p2h = Post2Host

Hence the side note thing Wink