MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to stop hotlinking of attatchments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I added .attach in the list of extensions which shouldn't be allowed but its not working.

Please help Exclamation

Thankyou
simply disable to view attachments for guests
It will decrease the number of active guests and potential members, there are too many images on my site and there will be many many more images and this is not the solution.
I have already done that but its about the attatchments which don't have any extensions but just a number at their tail like /attachment.php?aid=32534
bump...
any other suggestions...
What you can do using PHP is in the attachment.php add a check for the current domain name, and if the domain name doesn't match yours then it will redirect.

Just a theory.
I can't do that anyways,lol and wouldn't want to edit a core file either but even if i was able to do that what I would have told the php script to do, I mean even I don't know which extension to block as there is no extension at all.
So the problem is what? Attachments that are images?

Easy solution. Increase the thumbnail sizes on the site and disallow guests to view attachments. They will still see the thumbnail btw but they will not see full size images unless logged in. I personally always raise the thumbnail size to about 200x200 anyways.

This will not negatively effect your traffic and it might even increase membership as people will join to see full size images.
(2010-09-12, 05:20 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]So the problem is what? Attachments that are images?

Easy solution. Increase the thumbnail sizes on the site and disallow guests to view attachments. They will still see the thumbnail btw but they will not see full size images unless logged in. I personally always raise the thumbnail size to about 200x200 anyways.

This will not negatively effect your traffic and it might even increase membership as people will join to see full size images.

I have settled for your suggestion, thankyou Lightbulb