MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My iPod is MESSED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I use my iPod slot, for browsing the web, my backup if I have no pc, and occluded music. Lately I've been having problems, with it randomly just not locking when I press the button, and locking right our of no where, and it freezes, I try plugging my iPod into my computer, and in itunes it says the device is not located, it don't even show the connected iPod. Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix these?
>Apple

Problem status: [_] Not Found -- [x] Found

---

On a more serious note, I've yet to encounter this with my iTouch, and as a result can't offer any advice. soz.
Ah alright, thanks
Is it just freezing and not responding to your requests? If so, hold home and power button together until the apple logo appears
That's not helping me fix this, this iPod is new, a few months old, this shouldn't be happening.
go get customer care.

Shut it off and turn it back on. Sometimes garbage collection isn't great.
Corrupted???

Call apple see what they say. Maybe back up your iPod if possible format it and see if it starts working. Are you jailbroken?
Hold Down both buttons for 15 seconds then let go of the lock button while still holding the home button for a few more seconds. This will put into iBoot mode.

You should see a Connect to iTunes screen. Connect it into iTunes and it will reformat your iPod.

If this doesn't work, check for water damage. Take a light and shine it in the headphone jack. If you see a pinkish dot (Full or half circle) then your iPod has water damage and Apple will not fix it for you, meaning you need to get a new one.
No water damage, I check and did what you said first, what do it mean if it's in iBoot mode? & how would I get out of it?
Pages: 1 2