MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mails occasionally not sent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just noticed that my system mail log contains a lot of errors stating that "MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.".

This error has been occuring several times per day since the forum has been running. Sending mails works in general and I have already asked my hoster if there have been problems with the mail servers. They are none so the only option left is an error in the script.

As I said, most mails are delivered correctly. Does anyone have any idea what might be the reason?
You can try looking at this: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If that works fine then it's going to be your host.
I've already read that and as I said, mail delivery in general does work so the problem has to be something else. I did contact my hoster and they sent me a copy of the server logs - no indication of any error at all.

I have now switched to SMTP-mail, that works without problems. But I am sill curious. Does anyone have any other idea what may cause the problem?
incorrect email address?
No, that has nothing to do with the addresses. The mail would be sent anyway even is the address did not exist.