MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto Resize Prior to Attaching Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i think that it would be simple to rewrite the upload code to check and resize first, then test the filesize of the resulting resized image.

but that makes it a core file edit and I hate doing that.
that sounds promising, i will look into that some more
Any updates on this. I'm looking for a automatic file size resizer for my forum. I know the vbulletin have something like this build in.
Can we please get it for myBB Big Grin
no updates from me, its not as promising as I thought it would be. need several core file edits or a plugin that fully hijacks the upload process to make this work, and I don't have time for either right now
Question. Why not just make a simple secondary system and just a plugin to add the upload field to the post area? I could've sworn i did that at one point.
as I said, you'd need a plugin to handle the entire upload process. the issue at hand is the initial resizing, but MyBB tests for filesize before the image is passed to the thumbnail code, so a large file is never resized before being rejected.

if an initial check is done to handle the dimensional sizing this could make an image's filesize small enough for MyBB to accept the image and thumbnail it properly, but there are no proper hooks in the upload code to handle this.
I have the uploader hanging around somewhere i believe. If you want the scraps of that i can gladly pass it to you to finish.

If i remember the only thing that wasn't finished was adding what groups could use it.
Pages: 1 2 3