MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin option to change username of a member.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does MyBB have the ability to allow admin the abilility to change a registered members username? A couple long time members on my forum have over the past asked me if I could change their username. They could not without deleting their account and starting over. I have not seen anywhere that this feature exists. If they delete their old account......username, registered e-mail address, etc,.....wouldn't that delete all their posts?

I don't know how to answer their question........
Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Username -> Profile -> Change their username -> Submit
You can also edit the usergroup permissions to allow them to change their own username.
My bad...... I didn't realize the box was editable. If I do change it..... no posts or anything else will be affected by this change?

Thank you for your help.
No, it just changes their username.
Wow...... I guess my forum is running the default permissions.....
Where is it located? Can the user change his own username via their control panel once the permission is changed?
Which would be better..... for security..... allowing them to do it......or strictly admin doing it? I don't have alot of requests.....just did not know how to do it or if you even could.
ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose usergroup** > Users and Permissions tab > Account Management > 'Can change username?'.

This isn't related to security, it's purely whether you want them to be able to change their usernames whenever they want or not. If you'd rather oversee all name changes, don't let them change it.
Thank you....... I really appreciate your help!!!!!!!