MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding prefixes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i'm making a theme and just noticed theres no prefix? How do i add the prefix's into the new theme.
What did you input when creating them? It should be similar to,

Prefix
MyBB

Display Style
<strong>[MyBB]</strong>

If you did that right, you need to make sure {$prefixselect} is in the newthread template.
Also check if {$prefix} is in the forumdisplay_thread template.
Ok there not in the template where do I add them in both templates?
newthread

{$loginbox}
<tr>
<td class="trow2" width="20%"><strong>{$lang->thread_subject}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>

forumdisplay_thread

<span>{$prefix} {$gotounread}{$thread['threadprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$inline_edit_class} {$new_class}" id="tid_{$inline_edit_tid}">{$thread['subject']}</a>{$thread['multipage']}</span>

One of those is from a plugin, I don't remember which so try both.
Ok one thing left, when edit a thread it doesnt show the prefix drop down box.
editpost template,

{$loginbox}
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->subject}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>
Thanks! Smile
All working now?
In deed it is. Smile
If you're making a theme, make it using 1.6 templates, you must be making this using 1.4 templates, that's going to cause problems. ACP > Templates & Style > Create New Theme, this'll give you a fresh template set, use this.