MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't use search.php?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a search.php action like "action=getnew&"

I need it for the following,
Search all past threads for a username in a certain forum.

Example
search.php?action=finduserthreads&uid=232323&fid=111

The above does not work but I need a working one that can refine a search based on a username in a certain forum.

I will be linking this, just in case you wonder why I need it.
I have looked through the coding of search.php and none of the return arrays give my wanted result.

I want to be able to link a search action so that the search action searches for the users UID (Username) to a certain forum.

This is the wanted result.
Having a scammers section, where If I link a search action in there profile and call it "Search for past reports"

It would search a certain forum id (FID=*) (Aka the scam report section) for the useres Username in the thread title.

What I did not account is that username changes can ruin this. I can make it so that it searches for there UID in posts themselves since my scam report template involves posting there profile link.

Any ideas on how to make this into a single url?
Bump this to the top to get an answer. I have been working with it enough to find out the current actions. Now I need a way to write them.

If the above is possible I need a direct line.

www.example.com/search.php?action=getuserthreads&fid=111&text=random

What I am missing, the order of it, the text placement, and the post body instead of title.
You can't just change the URL you have to modify search.php in order to give the expected results.
(2010-09-14, 08:45 PM)MarkusK Wrote: [ -> ]You can't just change the URL you have to modify search.php in order to give the expected results.

Why not? you can use ?action=getnet&fid=111
you can also use ?action=getuserthreads&uid=111111

The only things I cant seem to find (Asking if search.php has it) is to combine uid and fid together one a single query.

Along with that is there a ?action=gettext&text=random
?
Quote:Asking if search.php has it

It does not. The script in its current state simply does not support what you are trying to do. You have to change the code in order to make it work, playing around with the URL won't suffice.