MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PS3-Groove
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys, how are you?

I just wanted to show you what I've designed and coded for my Italian PS3 Community entirely made with MyBB which I love so much. Cool

http://ps3-groove.com

Can't wait to read your comments and thoughts about it. Big Grin

P.S.: It has some problems with Firefox and I'm already working to fix them. Wink
Love the background Smile
No lurking = no registration.
(2010-09-12, 10:10 PM)Lithium Wrote: [ -> ]Love the background Smile
Thank you! Big Grin

(2010-09-12, 10:36 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]No lurking = no registration.
Sorry for that but I can't open the forum to guests even if I would. I know I should have, I read the guidelines...
How exactly are you going to get members then?
I think that if people want to read our content, to comment in threads, to ask help for a certain problem or want to join our clan, they should register.
We don't want to impress people with our sections and threads, we want people to know that our community is restricted to members that really want to join us.

We don't need to show every post to get them aboard, we don't get paid for attending our community so why we should show people what they can gain registering to the forum?
If you come to our site to join us, you need to register. If you come to our site to visit us and to look around, you don't need to.

These are my two cents but I think that this works with a video games clan only.
I would have opened doors if I had to show people something I wanted they to see.
Would you buy a book if you couldn't check it out first? I sure as hell wouldn't. Without being able to see your posts, people can't tell at all if your board is worth registering for. How many examples of there are hugely successful forums where you can't read any posts as a guest?

As it is, all anyone can tell about your board is that it's about the PlayStation 3. Wow. Nobody's ever made a forum for that before.

Quote:we don't get paid for attending our community so why we should show people what they can gain registering to the forum?

In what universe does this make sense?
(2010-09-13, 01:22 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:we don't get paid for attending our community so why we should show people what they can gain registering to the forum?

In what universe does this make sense?

LOL WUT
I understand your point of view and I know, that sentence doesn't make sense. You're right.
I can't explain the real reason why we had to close "the doors".

Smile Please, can we talk about the design?
Yes, the background is slick. My Italian is pretty poor but it might be worthwhile to make the intro paragraph more compelling to encourage new members to sign up. Doesnt look strong enough to me. Too much about rules and not enough about why people should join.
Pages: 1 2