MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Define a successful forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do you define a successful forum?

I believe, a forum that has lasted for 3 months with continuous activity, that is the beginning of a successful forum. A forum that has been going for 12 months with continuous activity and page views is a successful forum.

What do you believe?
A forum that has continuous activity no matter how old it is, is considered successful.
Then mine are successful
A forum that is successful usually has over 100,000 posts, at least 1500 - 2000 members, and about 500 active members a month, with 160 guests viewing a day.
(2010-09-13, 07:58 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]A forum that is successful usually has over 100,000 posts, at least 1500 - 2000 members, and about 500 active members a month, with 160 guests viewing a day.

Ahh damn, mine doesn't qualify for the 100,000 posts (mine has 32,425 posts) and we don't have those 500 active members/month but we have more than 200 guests per day and more than 2000 members.
I guess I'll have to wait some more time until it is a successful site haha.

To me a successful site, is a website that's been running for over 1~2 years (depending on the topic of the website) and with at least 20~50 posts a day and more than 2,000 members, then I guess you qualify for an owner of a successful website. If it had to die, it would have died during the first year. If it's still alive, then that's good!..I guess
One that's actually going somewhere - posts don't mean a damn thing if the forum is going to die in a matter of months as far as I'm concerned.
(2010-09-13, 07:58 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]A forum that is successful usually has over 100,000 posts, at least 1500 - 2000 members, and about 500 active members a month, with 160 guests viewing a day.

This is totally arbitrary. Obviously if you have a forum about a niche (say, Japanese fashion), it is not going to be as "successful" as one about cars or something.

There's no specific metrics to define what a successful forum is. The definition of this should be vague and relative. Basically, as long as a forum is getting steady registrations and activity and is providing some quality level of content, its successful.

I also think that your users having a genuine attachment to your site is important. If they care about your site on a level beyond what it provides for them, you're doing something really well.
When the creator is content.

Its perspective.
GODISNOWHERE

I agree with Mark.M. Its just perspective.

Now that i re-read the topic, here is a definition.

if ($forum == successful)
{
define("successful forum", 1);
}

Sorry for the offtopic Big Grin
Pages: 1 2