MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: real weird HTML problem (using in MyBB)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When the following HTML tag is used (after allowing html in acp),

<a href="smth..blah">click to download</a>

then if the LINK contains a MyBB-Smile-Icon, the HTML tag is mixed up.

Here is an example -

[Image: href0gg.png]

I've conducted a small research and it's because the link (!)

contains this sequence -

: D

so eventually MyBB tries to insert / locate this Smile-

Big Grin

Kindly make it work ...
tmhai Wrote:You would obviously get some sort of smilie code with a magnet link.

That's a problem, isn't it?

plus, I think I've found another problem, regarding Code tags -

if you put smile code within Code tags OR
if you put anHTML ahref link (aka 'a tag'), then the output will the same
as if you hadn't used Code Tags.

here is and example -

:D

At the bottom line, it's as I havn't used the Code Tags AT ALL Smile
We can't really help this - if you enable HTML then you also bring the possible use of other malicious attacks upon your board too.
Chris Boulton Wrote:We can't really help this - if you enable HTML then you also bring the possible use of other malicious attacks upon your board too.

What possible attacks?
I meant to say that an HTML 'ahref' link which include bb-smile codes
are NOT shown properly.. and I ask you to kindly fix that.

tmhai Wrote:Can you just make it safer, like add restrictions by only allowing the most commonly used html tags, then configuing them so mybb ignores anthing that has to do with smilies, or something like that?

Now that would be something.
thank you for the mod link..

will it solve the smile-code problems?
why not to change Smile for :-) or =) in the filters?, perhaps is a workaround, but can solve part of the problem.
julianne Wrote:why not to change Smile for :-) or =) in the filters?, perhaps is a workaround, but can solve part of the problem.

what!?
It was smileys showing up in weird places (such as URLs and code blocks) that made me force my users to wrap smileys with [ smiley ] or [ smilie ] tags.
and would you do that?
Quote:Can you just make it safer, like add restrictions by only allowing the most commonly used html tags, then configuing them so mybb ignores anthing that has to do with smilies, or something like that?

And how is MyBB to know when things are a smilie or not?

You say we parse smilies first it wll break HTML stripping - all the smilies will be stripped.
Pages: 1 2