MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrading my version to 1.6 from 1.4.13 (Well, the last release), I've not been able to edit posts. This affects both staff members who have tried this out. The following error appears:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'dariomlc_vfiesta.forum_MY_TABLE_PREFIXposts' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT subject, message, uid FROM forum_MY_TABLE_PREFIXposts WHERE pid=1175

I've looked for it myself, but I cant seem to find the issue. Everything else is working, and the prefix in the config.php is right.

Issues with a plugin? A bug with the update proccess?
Any fix for it? I backed up before the update, but I would prefer using that as a last resort.

Kind regards,
xDario

p.s. www.vivafiesta.eu/forums
You've got a 1.4 plugin running still, MY_TABLE_PREFIX isn't used anywhere in MyBB. Did you deactivate plugins before you upgraded like the instructions say??
(2010-09-13, 05:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You've got a 1.4 plugin running still, MY_TABLE_PREFIX isn't used anywhere in MyBB. Did you deactivate plugins before you upgraded like the instructions say??

I disabled the ones that seemed important to the process, which now (obviously) can't be activated again.

Will disabling them all and re-doing the upgrade process do anything?

Thanks for the fast reply,
You have to disable ALL of the plugins. And why do you need to reupgrade?! That's just dumb.
Just disable all your plugins and then change the compatibility line in the inc/plugin/(name of plugin here).php from 14* to 16*
Seemed important to the process?? I don't know how you'd judge/quantify that. It says disable plugins, period. You may need to change the version compatibility and then deactivate them, I don't think you can deactivate them either if they're made for a different version. The problem is these plugins are still running, you don't need to upgrade again.
(2010-09-13, 05:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Seemed important to the process?? I don't know how you'd judge/quantify that. It says disable plugins, period. You may need to change the version compatibility and then deactivate them, I don't think you can deactivate them either if they're made for a different version. The problem is these plugins are still running, you don't need to upgrade again.

Well, something like 'FancyZoom' is something that, to me, wouldn't get in the way of the upgrading process.

They've all been deactivated now, as Gaara suggested, with no error nor luck.
I understand/understood it was something with the plugins, as I tested the upgrade 2-3 times on my localhost before the live server, and that it's my own fault for not following the instructions (word by word).

But the problem has happened, and I'm in search for an answer.
What, so they're all deactivated and you still get the error in the first post?? The plugin wouldn't be running if it's been deactivated... what plugins have you got??

(2010-09-13, 05:53 PM)xdario Wrote: [ -> ]Well, something like 'FancyZoom' is something that, to me, wouldn't get in the way of the upgrading process.

Right... well, for future reference, don't go by what you think will and won't have an effect, disable them all if it says to deactivate them. It'll save you problems in the long run. FancyZoom may well not have any effect but this isn't really the best way to go about following instructions.
I've PMed them on to you, as I prefer not to be completely open about my plugins.

It's a lesson taught, I was partly in a rush at the time of the upgrade.

The plugins are deactivated / de-installed.