MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force redirection pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The redirection pages are disabled for some users on my forum (Don't know why).
Is possible to force to all users to activate it?
you can run a query in phpMyAdmin or similar to set the required field value, but that wont stop users from disabling it again.

btw, i personally hate it when admins force settings when they are a user option.
I wouldn't advise it as those redirect pages really pee me off and I always turn them off, it seems a little harsh to force them on members when they're not really necessary. But yes, it's possible...

In ACP >> Configuration >> Server & Optimization Options make sure Friendly Redirection Pages are set to On.

In usercp_options, find and delete:
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="showredirect" id="showredirect" value="1" {$showredirectcheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="showredirect">{$lang->show_redirect}</label></span></td>
</tr>

That removes the option to turn them off from the User CP, then run this query in phpMyAdmin to change the settings for any members that currently have them turned off:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showredirect` = '1'
Thanks...
And yes, I know that are annoying, but I have a problem with the plugin "Profile comments", if the redirection pages are disabled appear a blank page. So, while I fix it, I make this Big Grin

+REP ^^