MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML entities after conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I aslo have this problem after I converted from phpBB.

I hope there is fix without need to I convert again Toungue

BTW
Have already tried running the UTF-8 conversion but still no changes.
Quick fix script would be nice. Theres no real hurry in my case.

Fun error I found which is probably nothing to do with myBB converter, because I converted from XMB to SMF to myBB.
I found some threads where title changed fully. 636 post long thread title got changed with 98. post title from the same topic. So thread title is sometimes replaced with random post title. Maybe it somehow takes first post title after 98. post and then replaces or something.

(2010-09-16, 07:44 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You converted from XMB? I thought Ryan removed the XMB module from the 1.6 Merge System. Regardless, yes this is from not being passed through the unhtmlentities() function during the merge processing. You can write a script that will remove them from your posts if you want.
I tried to convert XMB-> mybb 1.4 -> mybb 1.6. Basically it may have worked but I had to somekind server problem and conversion timed out and in localhost I was not able to install mybb 1.4 at all. 1.4 forum and converter a bit hard to get.

Ok, sorry I delayed this by a day. I ended up having company yesterday. I'm writing this up for you right now and I'll post it in a little bit.
(2010-09-17, 06:44 PM)DJNilo Wrote: [ -> ]I aslo have this problem after I converted from phpBB.

BTW

You have this exact problem, with it in thread titles not inside the posts?
Promised Quick Script Fix for Thread Subjects
[attachment=19944]

Upload it to your forum root (where index.php for MyBB is at)
And run by visiting:
http://yourdomain.com/unhtmlent.php
Where that is adjusted to be the proper path to your forum.
(2010-09-19, 04:35 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-17, 06:44 PM)DJNilo Wrote: [ -> ]I aslo have this problem after I converted from phpBB.

BTW

You have this exact problem, with it in thread titles not inside the posts?

Well the problem was from conversion, i should not selected UTF-8 conversion when i convert to Mybb from Phpbb.

In you conversion page Mybb says it recommeded to use UTF-8 during conversion, which did messed up most of my posts.

Anyway i know that because i just convert one of my other Phpbb forums and went very well without using UTF-8 conversion.

So I strongly recommend to other phpbb users not to use UTF-8 during conversion.

I still don't know if i dare to use you fix, i really don't what my site to get more messed up Toungue
Now Im back in that point where I need those entities to be converted from all posts also.
Can anyone quickly change the code for converting posts? Or some tips.
Meanwhile I try to figure it out myself.

There should be any other table with this proble. Posts, threads and u2us Currently i have 0 u2us.

Seems its working.
Pages: 1 2