MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need your help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With magellishosting. It has always been my dream to run a web host. I finally got a VPS, cPanel, a domain, etc. But it is dead. How can I make it popular?
Buy a dedicated, open registrations, and keep uptime up.
Advertise, I would say get a more professional layout but honestly in hosting this doesn't seem to matter. Offer true quality to get your name reviewed well at webhostingtalk.

Heck maybe even offer 3 months free hosting to a few people from there or something in exchange for reviews.

Fill up your knowledge space with useful information. Get a page about your servers (location, redundancy, bandwidth providers...). And, well talk at webhostingtalk. It's a forum not only for people looking for hosting but just about every host has someone who visits that site regularly and most are willing to give advice.
Vps gives me more for less, registrations are open, uptime is 100% and has been since I opened a month ago
Ok Alex. Good idea. Will do Smile

If you could PM me, that would be wonderful.
VPS doesn't give you anything. You have 0 hardware control. Meaning your box doesn't break. Maybe someone elses did. Who knows what else is on that server. What happens if that server gets taken by the police for an investigation? Well, you go bye bye too.
Hm. Ok. Well, after I have money, I'll go dedicated. But, look at Joe. He uses clouds and was successful as hell
I'm not sure how cloud storage works, if it is all Raid'd or what, i don't know. But a 59 a month gets you a dedicated.
Well, if this takes off I'll upgrade to dedicated. And cloud works basically the same as VPS.
No it doesn't. If it did it would mean it wouldn't be possible to have hardware upgradable as instant as they do.

By data storage i mean where you files are stored, if they are all raided, and the police needed data from one site, to me from what i understand they would have to take that whole grouping. Though that is just from what i grasp.
Ah.

Well, cPanel is cheaper with a VPS :p
Pages: 1 2