MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Yet Another Gamers Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, be gentle! I have only just started working with Forums and I took over this fairly stagnant Gamers Forum and moved it from VBulletin to MyBB.

My main aim at the moment is to change the forum to show a portal when people first visit and to add in a menu at the top.

Ultimately I want to add a blog and link it to the forum, but I think that is a bit too ambitios for right now. I also want to create a new menu at the topp of the page.

Anyway would love to get your thoughts on the site.

http://gamersforum.org

Feel free to be as brutal as you can in criticism. I can take it and probably need it!

Update 7th October: Just installed new theme. Love to hear your impressions of it!
I feel like I'm saying this a lot, but it's such an important thing I'll keep saying it:

What makes your forum special? There are thousands of gaming forums already. You really need a specific vision to stand out. So what is it?

At least you have a good domain.
(2010-09-14, 01:13 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like I'm saying this a lot, but it's such an important thing I'll keep saying it:

What makes your forum special? There are thousands of gaming forums already. You really need a specific vision to stand out. So what is it?

At least you have a good domain.

Lol... I agree with you whole heartedly. I am still trying to figure out what my specific vision is going to be!

I picked up the site a few days ago, and I am still not sure! I do have a couple of ideas but am still thinking them through.

I hugely appreciate the comment though especially as it is something that has been concerning me! Be interested to know what you think of the design and layout.
Well it's just Apart with a custom (ugly) banner. You'll need to do more custom work -- and good custom work -- to get a stronger appeal, I think.
Yes, I think you are right. I am looking for a custom design / template at the moment.

Sad you think the banner is ugly! Its my only logo contest entry so far! Wink
Lol. I think you need a better theme first impression is everything Toungue

And make chatbox only for members. You shouldn't let guests see it.
Ok, sound sensible re the chatbox. Any good theme designers out there want to show me their portfolio?
Just post in the jobs forum if you want to hire someone, you'll get a load of responses I'm sure.
I recomend Damion if that counts for anything Toungue.

Regardless Brad has it spot on. You have a domain with potentional. Just make use of it. Maybe if your willing to put money into it, have a montly gaming competition. The winner wins a similiar game of the genre (like a release from that month) via steam.

Or some sort of idea :p
Yep, I have just installed Pirata Nervo's Excellent My points plugin to keep some element of score. We are definitely planning a) Competitions and b) Downloads.

We are investigating themes and thanks for the recommendation for Damion. I sent him a message I think.
Pages: 1 2