MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Halo: Reach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone got it Smile i pre-ordered, got home from collage and am in the process of saving to my HD now Smile
Pretty much just every other Halo game with the same inconsistent physics and overhype. I'm not even considering this game.
Lols, it us set in 2552 with genetically modified superhumans. Yeah, the campaign is similar, but the new weapons and armour systems are good Smile jetpacks are pretty cool Toungue
(2010-09-14, 08:02 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty much just every other Halo game with the same inconsistent physics and overhype. I'm not even considering this game.

I doubt you know that much about it if you're not even considering it? Everything I've heard has been super positive. I'm excited to try it.
Unlike Modern Warfare, halo actually progresses and evolves into a better game every time. COD is in 2 groups: modern warfare or WWII. They are all the same, same weapons, same story.
Can we not turn this into an argument? Who cares? Why do people get so personal about the video games they like?
(2010-09-14, 08:25 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt you know that much about it if you're not even considering it? Everything I've heard has been super positive. I'm excited to try it.

Erm, I've played Halo 1, 2, own 3 (two copies incidentally) and played the Reach demo at a friends house... it isn't that great (I don't find it to be anyways).

And, it's obviously going to get good previews... take the largest software producer, their only real successful FPS exclusively for their console and you get Halo. It's not a bad game but the money they spend advertising and promoting it could be far better spent.

(2010-09-14, 08:32 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Unlike Modern Warfare, halo actually progresses and evolves into a better game every time. COD is in 2 groups: modern warfare or WWII. They are all the same, same weapons, same story.

Halo hasn't progressed all that much to be fair. The interface, sounds, characters, etc. hardly changed from the original to Reach, the multiplayer was virtually the same from 1 through 3...

I'm not going to sit here and debate as some people are really attached to this game for whatever bizarre reason (as am I to CoD [to an extent]) but at the same time I'm not following the "buy yet another $40 game priced at $80 after taxes" trend either.
:p no argument intended, just someone usually brings up the argument that COD is so immense it could create a portal by reflecting sunlight off the disk onto the wall....

I find people who buy the "super-elite-platinum-besterest-uber awesome special edition with fancy metallic case and action figurines" version of games exceptionally annoying...
I have to agree with scoutie, I'll probably rent it for a night, beat the campiagne and finish up with the story of halo and be done with the whole thing.
Its Halo two again. My bud went to a market researching place about a month back for some pizza and cash, said they had a demo. Apparently he sees no huge difference.
Pages: 1 2 3 4