MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing Templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

I'm making template changes on this forum to reduce the number of columns that appear on the index page: http://forum.world-events.org.uk

However, after moving the threads/posts indicators under the last post info, the first forum in a category doesn't show the number of threads/posts, whereas the rest of the forums do.

Any assistance?
I can see the post counters for every forum. Have you reverted your changes?
Yeah I just did that. What I had was this:
Name of thread
Last Post Date by User
Threads: ## Posts: ##

This apparently didn't work, the thread/post counters appeared under the wrong forums.
Can you post your edited template? Changing a template should not affect this...
This was what I had in the last post template before I reverted it:
<span class="smalltext">
<a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a>
<br />{$lastpost_date} {$lastpost_time} {$lang->by} {$lastpost_profilelink}<br />
Threads: {$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}
</span>
All I did was delete the codes in the other templates for the columns and put the thread and post indicator template calls in another location.
Quote:...post indicator template calls in another location.

That could be the reason. What exactly did you move to which position? Or have you made any changed to the core files?
I didn't do any core edits.
I moved the following from forumbit_depth2_forum to forumbit_depth2_lastpost:
{$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}
{$posts}{$unapproved['unapproved_posts']}
Without looking at the file I assume that's the problem. If you leave the vars in their original template it should work.
I reverted the templates, but I don't like that extra set of columns. I'm trying to be unique with a different layout that won't work Sad
I am not quite sure what you are trying to do. Which column do you want to delete and where do you want to put the information instead?
Pages: 1 2