MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: get your site registered copyright from copyright.gov
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I want to know, how to get your site registered copyright from copyright.gov ?

Please help Exclamation

Thankyou
Don't know how this is anything to do with us whatsoever. I don't get why you're asking us instead of them. You don't need to register anything to put a copyright notice at the bottom of your forum, it's your intellectual property.

Moved to Web Administration forum, this isn't MyBB support at all.
Copyrights do not need to be registered with the government. You can claim them over any intellectual property you've created.
(2010-09-14, 07:34 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Copyrights do not need to be registered with the government. You can claim them over any intellectual property you've created.

I have a story forum, people post their own stories and though i have that copyright mark on the footer, i have some sites with info in terms of use as copyrighted with US laws and other countries according as Digital millenium something company in US and if you think we have infringed your copyright send us a DMCA report to our agent at ...dfdsfsdgdfsgfdh this address.

How to do that?

Yo, you should maybe learn the basics of copyright law if this is important to you at all. You should at least know what the name of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act is.
So, is there any forum or something to mail to get a registered trademark and with other info's like who in person will look to send DMCA from our site and accept such reports from others if any?

Is there any link to such a form to fill?
You can't trademark a story.
(2010-09-14, 07:54 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]You can't trademark a story.

I mean domain name ?
You can just trademark the name of your forum, but you can't trademark anything else. All you have to do is just put in your footer a copyright notice about the stuff posted on your forums.
Something like "All content © 2010 Your Forum" will do the trick.
Pages: 1 2