MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a Tweet Button to Threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This little tutorial will show you how to put a tweet button in your Show Threads. (Any member who wishes to tweet must have a twitter account)

First go to http://twitter.com/goodies/tweetbutton and select the tweet me button you would like.

Next go to your Admin Panel > Templates & Styles > Templates > #YOUR STYLE# > showthread

Find:
<div class="float_left first">

Then above this add your tweet button code. Save and Enjoy!

Customize as you will, this is just the way i did it. Feel free to place it where ever you deem fit. Big Grin
Do you have a screen shot of where this appears? Also, i can't find that line of code in the showthread.css
You're supposed to find that line in:

Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Showthread Templates > showthread.
thanks for the tutorial ,testing it out now .
No worries! Glad it can be of help!
Everything works fine except the Tweet button does not show unless the page is reloaded.
(2010-12-17, 11:57 AM)macenaa Wrote: [ -> ]Everything works fine except the Tweet button does not show unless the page is reloaded.

Its a browser issue. Delete your cookies.

Its a browser issue. Delete your cookies.
[/quote]

I've already done all the usual clearing cookies, cache history but only rarely shows the Tweet button on reload - instead it shows a corner of a google ad.
Not always the same one.
Image attached.

[attachment=20818]
Your forum URL please?
(2010-12-17, 04:35 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum URL please?

pm sent
Pages: 1 2