MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I use old transleted language files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am using mybb 1413. I have transleted language files. If I upgrade to 1600, can I use my current transleted language files or have to re translate new language files with 1600 ?
1.6 added/changed few of the language files. If you use old files some of the functions won't have any text displayed and therefore will not work. But of course most of the language variables haven't changed so you don't have to throw away your translation.
Is there any list of new variables? So I can easily translate new variables and add them with the old variables. Otherwise I have to do a very hard work for translation.
I am afraid there is not. Maybe a staff member can provide you with one. Or you could try this: downloads the new and old English language pack and use the "find differences"-function of your editor or if your editor does not support that you can use a text editor like MS Word. That should produce a list with all changes.