MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How long to the 1.6.1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
Is there any plan to release the 1.6.1 version of mybb?
When?

thanks
Of course; as always, it'll be released whenever it's ready to be released Smile There's no great rush for it, 1.6.0 is very stable.
(2010-09-14, 09:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Of course; as always, it'll be released whenever it's ready to be released Smile There's no great rush for it, 1.6.0 is very stable.
lol, good to know.
I've to migrate a very large forum from snitz mybb1.6 (via phpbb) and I only want to start with the latest version possible Wink

again,thanks Wink
1.6.1 will just be a maintenance version so there will be no new features and a relatively simple upgrade process from 1.6.0, the next major version will be 2.0 which is only in very early development at the moment.
You can see the MyBB Roadmap on our development site: http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/roadmap/

We'll be working hard on 1.6.1 over these coming weeks (I've fixed 20 issues in the last 2 weeks alone), but as Matt rightly says, it's ready when it's ready. Most of the issues with 1.6.0 are only minor and you certainly won't have any major problems.

You can always checkout the latest version of the 1.6-stable branch from the SVN and regularly keep up to date that way if you're comfortable with it.
Is there a temporary fix to the search/replace templates (bug #1157)? That's the only (but important) problem I'm having right now with MyBB 1.6.0.
Until the developers make a fix no. Once they do you can just make changes to the files involved if you really want to fix it ASAP.
I've prepared a patch for this issue, so it won't be too long until there's a fix available on the development site.