MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to solve this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI there,

i have installed mybb 1.6, and i am the webmaster and admin of my own forum, but when i try to visit a thread created by a junior admin this error arrives

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'shoaib'

how can i resolve this? which permission i have to set in? kindly guide in this regard

warm regards,
Shoaib
It probably won't be that specific thread, more the entire forum. Check in the ACP about the forum, and review its permissions to make sure you can view thread, and the 'can only view own threads' box is unticked.

Try making a thread in the forum too, and see if you can read that one.
Thanks tommy, i have checked it, all permissions are ok, my junior admin is saying that he is seeing that thread, and has stucked it too, but i am unable to see it, moreover 'can only view own threads' box is unticked.
Do you have any additional usergroups assigned to your account?
yes i have assigned an additional user group assigned to me
Remove that additional usergroup, it's probably what is screwing your access.