MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom post fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people. I hope my question isn't dumb or posted in the wrong place.
I am interested in making custom post fields for my users to fill in when they post something. I also would like to know if I can integrate specific field into a specific category or forum on my board.

Let's say I have a category where people can buy and sell stuff. I want to make a custom field that will only appear on that cat and let's say it is called "Phone Number:" and people have to fill that in and after submitting the thread that field's vallue and it's name show up under the post's main content like so:

Phone Number: 541651619

I think vBulletin has something like this, not sure though.

I hope you understand me, I'm sorry if I have spell errors, my English is not that good.
Thank you in advance !
It's not a core feature, you'll need a plugin. I've moved this to requests as I'm pretty sure nothing like this exists yet. Smile
It's a damn good idea. Wish I had the time the try it out.
(2010-09-15, 09:50 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a core feature, you'll need a plugin. I've moved this to requests as I'm pretty sure nothing like this exists yet. Smile

Allright, thank you, I hope someone will consider this, as it will be something verry usefull and great.