MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Access Plugin settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi y'all,

I cant seem to get into settings pages related to plugins. I'm talking about plugins known as: Fit on Page, Page Manager, Board Messages. It seems to be a common problem: trying to access settings pages from the ACP results in a standard 500 Internal Server Error. One of the above mentioned plugins reminded to set Admin access permissions, I did that but the error keeps coming. Could you assist me in handling this situation?
500 error is a very basic error, can you check your error logs and tell us what they say related to the error as 500 error could mean alot of things.

Also, try re-uploading your admin directory (BACKUP FIRST)
Found it!Smile It was raving about mod_security. Did a Forum Search on that and came up with this:

Quote:The htaccess.txt that comes with the MyBB package disables mod_security by default. If you haven't already, rename the htaccess.txt file to ".htaccess" (without the quotation marks, note the leading dot in the filename).

Did this&now it works. Appreciate your assistance, thank You!!