MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sticky menu plugin - for review and use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like to present a small plugin to create sticky and transparent forum menu.

Name: Sticky Menu
Version: 0.2
Compatibility: 1.4.* and 1.6.*
I18n support: not required

[attachment=19888]

installation quite simple - copy file from zip to your inc/plugins directory, and activate it in Admin CP.

then go to forum and look into top-left corner.

Upgrade: disable plugin, replace file, enable plugin

works well with modern browsers from top list.

It's a prototype, currently I have no plans to release it into mods.mybb.com, but let's see... Smile

feel free to adopt it to your needs or extend somehow. plugin is under GPL license.

Change log

* template change removed. plugin does not change templates now
* collapse issue in Opera fixed
* IE 7 and clones issue with table width fixed
* text in menu header replaced by icon
* unread PMs icon added to menu header

* initial release
plugin updated to version 0.2
What does this do? Confused
creates forum menu in top-left corner of browser screen, which stays stickled independently of your page scrolling. also it semi-transparent.

just try it.

remember - it is a prototype, need to be enhanced to be optional for users.

I try it on my forum, many people like it (mainly - who hate to scroll from bottom to top and don't remember where Home key is), some people - don't
It looks very good. I may impliment it soon.

Since i can't read your forum, can i ask why you couldn't just do the same with template edits?
images??
(2010-09-17, 11:11 PM)Walkman 5.0 Wrote: [ -> ]images??

See top left corner of http://www.skoda-club.org.ua/forum/

Scroll down.
(2010-09-17, 09:26 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]can i ask why you couldn't just do the same with template edits?

plugin uses "mybb standard" technique to remember collapsed/expanded state of the menu table. that can't be done with simple template edits - at least with my understanding of mybb internals.
(2010-09-19, 05:20 AM)asmile Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-17, 09:26 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]can i ask why you couldn't just do the same with template edits?

plugin uses "mybb standard" technique to remember collapsed/expanded state of the menu table. that can't be done with simple template edits - at least with my understanding of mybb internals.

Ah i see, thanks i will see if my members want this later on.