MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Messages staying as NEW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this is happening too often where the private messages even after being read don't get marked on the header and the "new" is still listed.

Also when the popup comes for a new PM and I select continue and not wish to read the PM...well if I try to go to a thread the popup continues to occur over and over again until I go read the message.

I know my cookies are set correctly. I use Opera 8.52 and tested under IE it does the same thing. Is this a bug then?
labrocca Wrote:Well this is happening too often where the private messages even after being read don't get marked on the header and the "new" is still listed.
The 'New' PMs in the welcome panel are intended to show the number of messages that you have received since your last visit. When you come back next time, it will show you how many new you have since today. (ie. it only resets every time you login). In contrast, the 'Unread' PMs are the number in the Inbox that you have not read (total from any time). Follow this hypothetical example. Let's say someone sends you 2 PMs. You log in. New 2 Unread 2. You read one. New 2 Unread 1. You log out. You log back in. No one has sent you any PMs. New 0 Unread 1. I hope you understand what I mean now Smile

labrocca Wrote:Also when the popup comes for a new PM and I select continue and not wish to read the PM...well if I try to go to a thread the popup continues to occur over and over again until I go read the message.

I know my cookies are set correctly. I use Opera 8.52 and tested under IE it does the same thing. Is this a bug then?
Are you pressing your 'back' button by any chance, to go back to the page that had the popup?
Well I changed "Send Standard Headers" in the admincp and I think that solved that problem of the popup reocurring. I have to test a bit more.