MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can i reduce server load?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
please give me tips on how to reduce server load on mybb...
thanks
How active is your forum?? Post the debug stats from the footer of your forum.

If you're on a shared host the server load is largely meaningless because that's showing the entire load on the server, which includes all the other sites hosted on the server.
yes, iam on shared host...
i asked about this because in my host control panel it is written that i have 4.5% CPU limit, and my current usage is 4.3% as appears in that cp...
what do you think?
Well, how active is your site do you have plugins installed? Is this one forum the only thing you have hosted with this account?

There is always the chance that you just need to upgrade to something larger like vps.
Even switching to a newer shared host will solve some of these problems. For example, I have sites hosted on Hostgator and there's barely 1% of CPU usage.

So it's possibly time to upgrade your hosting. Or, have a look at disabling some plugins which will add additional load too.
Quote:Well, how active is your site do you have plugins installed? Is this one forum the only thing you have hosted with this account?
There is always the chance that you just need to upgrade to something larger like vps.

Quote:Even switching to a newer shared host will solve some of these problems. For example, I have sites hosted on Hostgator and there's barely 1% of CPU usage.

So it's possibly time to upgrade your hosting. Or, have a look at disabling some plugins which will add additional load too.
my states:
average online visitors = 75-80 (sometime rise to 150)
daily visits according to Google analytic =2500
about 300-400 new posts daily...

yes i have some plugins installed:
pm notification
profess. attachment
Latest news (moving bar)

do you think i must move to vps, or i should find another shared one?

thanks