MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heart

I have a forum.
My hosting is 5 GB.

Is it enough? (For 1000-2000 members and 50,000-100,000 threads)

please answer the question?
thank you my friends.

I am waiting for your answer.
Bye, now.
More than enough.
Space won't be issue I would imagine in less there are a lot of attachments Toungue.
I would hope so unless each user is posting novels Smile
Those specs won't matter. You'll need to know CPU usage for most shared hosts. All the bandwidth and drive space available will almost never be used. Hosts will shut you down for CPU usage long before those get used. This is something most hosts won't define very well either.
This informations are availble in my vPanel:

VistaPanel version: 2.4.1 RC3 #
Operating system:Linux#
Apache version: 2.2.15 (Unix) #
PHP version: 5.2.13#
MySQL version: 5.1.45
Bandwidth: 204800 MB

Are they good?
why?
security?
Byet really don't have very good servers. If you're going to host a MyBB site, I suggest going to hawkhost.com, they are very cheap and pretty good for what you're looking for.
(2010-09-29, 05:49 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]Byet really don't have very good servers. If you're going to host a MyBB site, I suggest going to hawkhost.com, they are very cheap and pretty good for what you're looking for.

I host some test applications on Byethost, i've yet to encounter one issue. I've run MyBB mergers, Drupal, WP various times. Never had an issue.
But for a forum your size, you should really consider a VPS. I could set up and manage one for you, for a cost. You could learn, it really isn't that hard. Its a matter of installing it. (If you use CentOS here is a guide http://x10hosting.com/forums/vps-tutoria...5-5-a.html ) and then just updating it really.
What matters the most IMO is not disk size but rather SQL space.