MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Keywords in Webmaster Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I just took over a forum and have been looking at the keywords that show up in Googles Webmaster tools.

The number one is post and most of the top 20 are related to User Names. I am just wondering whether anyone else has noticed this and I guess I am doing something wrong so would be interested in knowing how I can make sure that the keywords found are more relevant. Whilst I know that the users are the most important part of my forum, they are not the most important part of the search engine results!

I have done some changes to the template with regard to header tags, but not sure that this is enough.
That will change once you get some more threads in the system that are related to your niche. I assume its a small forum?
Failry Small about 1300 posts at the moment and 30 odd semi active users. Am about to attempt to merge a phpbb forum into it,with some 5000 posts and another 40 or so users.

Thanks for the reply. My first forum and I was wondering whether there was a way to get this disregarded!
There will always be some forum related words in that list because some words (like quote etc.) simply occur often in forums. It's nothing to be too worried about. I have about half content, and half forum related keywords in that list, for a medium sized forum. It'll be worse for forums that cover a wide variety of topics, since there will be threads about all sorts of unrelated things instead of lots of threads about related things.