MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Encoding errors randomly appear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I randomly started to get strange encoding problems on my site. I have experienced the problem on my home computer and at my IT class' computer. The problem occurs in Firefox and IE. I have tried clearing my cache on my computer AND on the MyBB system with no prevail. Changing the gzip compression level on the site does nothing. Disabling it doesn't work either.

This problem just started happening. I didn't change ANY configurations on my site. I talked to my host and there were no settings changed.

Here is a screenshot of the problem: [Image: fw4l80.gif]

... help? Smile
Do you have a URL to your forum?
It looks like a tag is missing in your code or something causing the source to be displayed. Link please.
www.iminfected.net
Remember that this happens at completely random times and on completely random pages. It will be very hard to replicate.
Any help? Smile
I can't reproduce it.

Where's the theme copyright gone?
You've violated the theme's license by removing the copyright notice.
(2010-09-19, 10:19 AM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]You've violated the theme's license by removing the copyright notice.

I thought it said that we had a choice if we wanted it or not. If that is what is messing up the encoding (which I don't see how it would) then I'll add it back.
(2010-09-19, 10:40 PM)APag96 Wrote: [ -> ]If that is what is messing up the encoding (which I don't see how it would) then I'll add it back.

Consult the theme's author.

A good way I find template problems is to open up the source of the affected page, and paste it into Dreamweaver. From here, I can find the tags which are still open and thanks to MyBB's comments throughout the source, find out which template I need to edit to fix it.
(2010-07-31, 10:41 AM)Audentio Wrote: [ -> ]Please leave the link in the footer, and I will keep making free themes! Many more high quality themes from Audentio Design on the way!

Removing a copyright is a total lack of respect towards the authors / porters. Have some respect and put the copyright back !