MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All text is centered not left justified by default.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay interesting error on my writers forums which I had to do a new upgrade. Posts and threads all appeared centered. I can go back to a posting and edit it as left justified. Is there some setting that is off causing all text to be automatically centered unless hard editing reformats it?
Have a look through the stylesheets for your theme. There is a known issue where upgrading may cause the process to remove some things in the CSS.

Do you have a URL to your forum?
If you have a URL we can tell you the CSS to change.
The container div is closed too early.

Try removing the last </div> from the header template.
Thanks AJS you nailed it. The problem was I originally wanted to center the logo and this is where I messed it up, my fault completely and sorry to the community for any wasting of resources as I know you guys are all super busy helping others.

Now if I can easily just get my logo centered this would fix it :p
No problem, that's what we're here for. Smile

The logo looks centered to me...?
Might I recommend adding
#logo {
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

To the global.css (since the logo class is already in the html) instead of using the deprecated center tag.
(2010-09-17, 09:19 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]No problem, that's what we're here for. Smile

The logo looks centered to me...?

Yeah I used the center tag.

(2010-09-17, 11:16 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Might I recommend adding
#logo {
}

To the global.css (since the logo class is already in the html) instead of using the deprecated center tag.

Okay, a new way, I'll it a try, thanks guys Big Grin
(2010-09-17, 11:16 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Might I recommend adding
#logo {
}

Didn't work, went back to the <center> tag method Angel
Alex is right, the center tag is deprecated and you should really avoid using it.

Just change #logo to .logo in Alex's code and it should work. Smile
Pages: 1 2