MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this possible ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had run a fairly successful forum in the past it was of mybb 1.4 it had 348 members and a couple 100 threads but unfortunately my hosting account got suspended Sad . But now i run a forum of same topic on mybb 1.6 and i have the backup of the previous 1.4 forum . Is it possible to merge that database into my current forum ? If yes then what are the steps please guide me
and also which things get merged ?
Why don't you just import the old database into a 1.4 fresh install, and then upgrade it to 1.6?
I want to merge it with my current forum
Any ideas can i do it or no ?
Waiting for an answer . Please reply fast
I'm not too sure about the specifics of merge system, but I'm pretty sure it needs to run at least 1.6.

Recover the forum with your previous database, upgrade it to 1.6, then merge it. Smile
(2010-09-17, 07:34 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Recover the forum with your previous database, upgrade it to 1.6, then merge it. Smile

This would be my suggestion to that is how i would do it.
just out of curiosity why did you restart the forum and not just ressurect the old 1.4 forum and upgrade to 1.6
well i am trying on that
is it possible to merge a vbulletin forum
just curious to know !
(2010-09-17, 12:02 PM)pg001 Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to merge a vbulletin forum

Yes, though VB 4 isn't supported yet. Take a look here: http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system