MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gap between forums and side modules?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just added side box plugin and had to re do how all the modules work because of my the theme not looking right with it and now i'm trying to make the gap bigger between forums and the side box and i just can't find where it is anywhere. I've been looking through it for ages.

http://zultek.com/forum/index.php it's easier if you see yourself. The vertical gap is about 2mm, directly between the forums/categories and the welcome, latest thread and search modules on the right.

I don't know if its just padding or something that i can't find where to change, but if someone knows that would be really great.

Thanks in advance.
You want the change the padding-left on the boxes. It'll be set and controlled by CSS.
Do you know more specifically in the CSS where i could find it, because i can't find it anywhere.
I'm not the familiar with the plugin, so i wouldn't know. Sorry.
It would help to know which of the various Side Box plugins you're using.
Have you tried posting in the official support thread for that plugin? Its listed right there on the main page you just linked to.

Also keep in mind that that particular plugin was not well written. For example, the "footer" is smashed over with the forums instead of being below both the forums and the sideboxes, whereas the header is not. Also the tables included in the plugin don't use the CSS and/or theme settings to determine the proper spacing for the table elements. The only thing this plugin truly has to recommend it is the fact that it doesn't modify your templates in the db, and instead does it "on the fly". Now, this is my personal opinion of the plugin, but the author admitted while asking for help writing this that he didn't know PHP very well.
Is there a different sidebox plugin for 1.6 that you would personally recommend me using over this one? I'm happy to change if it would work better, and the thing with the footer was bothering me. This was just the first one i found.
(2010-09-17, 04:38 PM)karoshio Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a different sidebox plugin for 1.6 that you would personally recommend me using over this one? I'm happy to change if it would work better, and the thing with the footer was bothering me. This was just the first one i found.

I try to refrain from recommending lately since I would of course recommend the one I wrote lol. However that requires a subscription to Skin City Designs ($7/yr) to use it. There is also a good one by Labrocca that is also subscription, and I believe there is another free one as well on the Mods Site... here: http://mods.mybb.com/view/side-boxes

Your mileage may vary with all of them Smile
Not to mention that the 1.6 compatible version of SCD Side Boxes isn't officially released yet (its done, just nothing in the downloads on our site yet)
Upon uploading the "side-boxes" i got this is my plugins area.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mydate() in /home/zultek/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/sb.php on line 20"

Since i can't get a sub to your website to use yours, i will try manage to use the one i have. Do you know how i can fix that footer issue, that's my main concern, the gap is not a big deal.