MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't set the email setting up in my control panel and i requested a new password how do i reset my password manually
What do you mean 'email setting'...?? You give your email address when you install the forum, you don't need to set anything else up for password resets.

Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1';
(2010-09-17, 09:28 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean 'email setting'...?? You give your email address when you install the forum, you don't need to set anything else up for password resets.

Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1';

i switched to a new webhost and i didnt update my setting to send emails when you request a new password
ok once i do that whats next
Sorry, forgot to say that after that your password will be 'test' so you can login with that and change it normally.

(2010-09-17, 09:29 AM)awww Wrote: [ -> ]i switched to a new webhost and i didnt update my setting to send emails when you request a new password

That's what I meant, there's no settings for that, that's just what it does. Unless you mean no mail is sending at all...
yea no mail is sending at all im gettin
The SMTP server rejected the supplied SMTP password. Reason: 535 5.7.0 Error: authentication failed: authentication failure 
Your SMTP details are incorrect, try another SMTP mail account or using PHP mail.