MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way i coulod stop the admins having to log in everytime they do something?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, i just wanted to ask if i could stop admins having to login everytime they needed to do something, since I and my other admins are starting to get a little annoyed by it.

Thnx, DannyDeth
Admins should stay logged in throughout the duration of their session. By every time do you mean after every action?

Take a look at this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
If config.php and settings.php don't have 666 or 644 CHMOD perms, then you can't stay logged in. Make sure these files have 644 or 666.
If you still have a problem, then check the cookie settings.
I meant it by every actoin, like when you wanted to go to a different menu it would ask you for ur username and password.
If you had actually read our posts, you would see that we just answered your question.
(2010-09-17, 02:48 PM)DannyDeth Wrote: [ -> ]I meant it by every actoin, like when you wanted to go to a different menu it would ask you for ur username and password.

Tim's linked you to instructions to fix it.
Yes i saw, posted before i read the document srry. Im doing what it says now.
Im still having trouble ( rrrr! ), i just realised now that you actually can't see the index.php file when you go to the directory of the forum, and whe i opened the general settings thingy i couldnt access it Sad

EDIT:

Wait cancel it all out, except for the part where i can't see the index.php ( i mean the homepage [ ? ] ).
Can you expand on "can't see the homepage"?? What error are you actually getting??
Can you provide a link to your forum please? Smile
OK link: http://dmw2d.22web.net/forum/index.php And by the way, the error is non-existant, as in it loads the page but nothing is drawn to the screen, just a blank page Toungue but it works fine witht he admin CP.

EDIT: do you think it could be because the char set was set to UTF-8 when i sent it up?

EDIT2: It turns out a couple of the actions are getting 500 errors, like when i try to use the "add forum" tool, it gives the 500 error.
Pages: 1 2