MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I move and Remove Forum, threads, post, last post.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to take that row with the Forum, threads, post, last post and move it to the top of the category name row. And I only want it to appear once at the very top. I'm starting to figure out some of the stuff it's just taking me a bit. It being my first attempt I epect it to take me a little while with many mistakes so please bare with me. But if people like it when it's done hopefully it can be put up as a template. BTW the orange template example shown below is just an example. It's not how my template is going to look in the end as I plan to keep the red and blue theme for the forums then add to it with the banner and darker areas.

Here are my examples.

What I am working on is here

http://joseph-hayes.net/forum/index.php

Example is here

http://www.creationofart.net

Also if possible how can i move where it says no posts to the center. And also how can I make those rows that say General, Entertainment, etc. How can I make that row just a little smaller so it's not so big.

Thank you very much.

Oh here is a small version of what I am working on trying to get to.

http://www.joseph-hayes.net/Adverts/coademo.jpg

The phpbb stuff won't be there of course but as I said i originally was trying to work with that. So far this is much better to work with I can say that much.

A way to delete the space in between categories would also be nice but i think it should still look ok without it.

well the easiest way now, is to remove all the table's subheader

in template manager> forumbit template > forumbit_depth1_cat

find
<tr>
<td class="tcat" width="35">&nbsp;</td>
<td class="tcat" width="59%"><strong>$lang->forumbit_forum</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="65" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><strong>$lang->forumbit_threads</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="65" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><strong>$lang->forumbit_posts</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><strong>$lang->forumbit_lastpost</strong></td>
</tr>
and remove it

then in index template, find $forums and add that code above it

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="$theme[borderwidth]" cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="tcat" width="35">&nbsp;</td>
<td class="tcat" width="59%"><strong>$lang->forumbit_forum</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="65" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><strong>$lang->forumbit_threads</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="65" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"><strong>$lang->forumbit_posts</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><strong>$lang->forumbit_lastpost</strong></td>
</tr>
</table>

i didn't test the code(servers down) but it will work

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:i didn't test the code(servers down) but it will work
Self-confident! Aren't you? Smile

EB
Thank you just got home for work so will test it out now. Yay it's working perfectly and even teaching me about the postbit stuff. Thanks a bunch.
oh one more thing, deleting the gaps between the categories

in Admin CP > Templates > Modify / delete > expand > forumbit templates > forumbit_depth1_cat

at the bottom u will find <br /> remove it

@EuroBEAT, well not much Big Grin but i see from the codes that it works

regards
Thank you very much, haven't tried the gaps yet but the other stuff is working wonderful and learning a bit about the postbit on the way. Had to learn to change the sizes of the tables took me a minute but is actually easy once you get started and find the right stuff.

Edit, I removed the br code but it didn't change anything. Is there any padding or anything or another line I need to remove from another file? I'm trying to find one while i go.

NM I found it it was in one of the forum bit templates I may have accidentally pasted it there.
no sorry i was mistaken this time it is forumbit_depth1_cat Big Grin!! grr having 20 things to do the same time mess the mind up Shy Smilei'll fix my post for later visitors !

regards
One more thing and I will try and leave alone for a little while. And thanks much for the help by the way. Anyway, i can't figure out how to change the font size of where it says Never and 0 and 0 under post count, last post and such. I got pretty much everything else but can't find that.
well in case you wanna change the text in the whole row including the forum's name, this will be done throught the theme manager > Alternative row 1 and 2.in case you only want the last post and the threads and posts count on that row.
then this will be done throught the template manager > forumbit templates > forumbit_depth2_forum

<td class="$bgcolor" valign="top" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">$threads</td>
<td class="$bgcolor" valign="top" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">$posts</td>
<td class="$bgcolor" valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">$lastpost</td>

but a usual <font size="x" > </font> and in between the $lastpost or $posts etc..

regards
I personaly always use <!-- and --> to remove stuff. Just in case ^_^