MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Empty space near background image on index ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At our site someone in the past when I asked for a review for my site has told me we got a large white open space to the right of the index near the background picture. I hoped that when we changed background picture it would be gone. But it is not. Now we DON'T use ads so it has to be a coding problem.

Here is the site: www.commandandconquer4u.com plz view in firefox to notice the bug.

How to fix this ? That the image also covers the white space ?
I don't see any white space to the right, can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? Smile
I will do that now:

[Image: emptyspacebug.png]
I'm guessing this is on higher resolution screens? It looks like it's just the end of the image, you could set it to repeat in the CSS.
I took a part of the screenshot, I didn't zoom in. I will let my partner try that out.
The other option(which usually looks better on images like yours that aren't meant to repeat) is just add

background-color: #000;

to your body css Wink. At least I think the end of the image is completely black.

Edit: to make it even better you can even center the background image. Again this goes in the body css.
background-position: center top;
Oh herro. Anyway to make the background strech with higher resolutions?
(2010-09-18, 01:26 AM)private bob4 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh herro. Anyway to make the background strech with higher resolutions?

Nope (well not that will work with most browsers).

Make your page background black, then fade the edges of your background image to black, then center it.