MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no captcha image - existing member log-in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I searched, unsuccessfully, to find a solution to this problem.

One of my members forgot his password so I assigned him a new one manually in ACP because he was not successful in resetting it himself using the system link to do so.

He was still unable to log-in because there was no captcha image displayed. So I tried my self and found the same issue. He was using a Mac (don't know what browser) and I'm using Windows XP/Firefox. When I logged myself back in, after doing the above, I did not get the captcha code request that is requested when trying to log-in as him.

To duplicate:
Change an existing member's password manually in the ACP.
Attempt to log-in to that member's account.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated (even if it's just having him create a new account again).

Please PM me if you need access to my forums or a test account set-up.

TIA.
Can you PM me a link and test account please? Smile
Thanks AJS for your time and effort. It was very much appreciated, but this issue remains unresolved. So I'm still opened to any other assistance regarding this matter. - TIA
Was there just a broken image or literally nothing for it at all??
Hi Matt,

There's no image displayed but it's requesting the code of it to be entered.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that it shouldn't even be asking for it, since he's already a registered member.

Anyways, it doesn't ask me to enter it when I log-in. I just get logged-in with no 'captcha request page' being displayed at all and I would expect it to do the same for all other registered members as well.
Right, so there's no box for it at all?? Revert your member_login template to default.
Yeah there is a box for it. There's a byte order mark in the output which is interferring with the image.
That's a broken image then... Undecided

Reupload a new copy of ./captcha.php as well as all your language files.
Thanks for joining the party Matt -- Wink

AJS is going to play around a bit more.

You can get the info from him.

I work night shift and need to get more sleep.

Thanks again to both of you.
I'll check back again in the AM tomorrow.
Much appreciated. Smile Heart
It was the AJAX Shoutbox plugin causing it, I've deactivated it and the captcha is now working.

I tried deactivating a few other plugins first so you may want to check the settings for those are still correct. Smile
Pages: 1 2