MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone available to make some minor changes to default theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm setting up a new forum using myBB 1.6 and would like to use the default theme but with different colors. Although there are some nice themes out there, I want to make sure the site loads quickly and that it displays correctly in all browsers. My guess is that the default theme will do this the best. Here's what I'd like:

1. Change the two-tone blue on the default theme to two-tone gray (or gray with black or charcoal gray, etc). Or maybe use red as one of the colors. That's the biggest change I'd like to make. Of course, I'd need to make sure the buttons and headers, footers, etc all match. Looks like a lot of it is just a matter of editing the css, but the buttons are actual images. I kind of like the black buttons offered in Justin's Apart theme.

2. More of a question: Can the logo be wider than 248 pixels? With all that blank space at the top, it sure would look nice filled in with a wider image (well optimized and fast loading, of course). I will supply the image, I just want to know what the maximum width can be with the default theme. Otherwise I'll just make my logo the same dimensions as the default one.

If anyone is available to do this, please let me know (by email or private message) how much you will charge and when you could have this completed by. I'd like to have this completed by the end of the day on Wednesday, September 22, 2010. If that's too short a time frame, let me know what is a more realistic time frame.

I value your expertise. However, my funds are limited. As long as it's a fair rate, I will pay you immediately (in advance of the work being done, PayPal would be ideal or Interac transfer if you're in Canada). If not, I may need to wait until my next payday. But if it's too expensive, I'll just live with the blue default color scheme and tackle the changes myself in a few weeks when I have more time. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible, at the longest within 12 hours. First person who's available, can accept online payment and isn't too expensive gets the job!

Thanks! Big Grin
I'd PM Damion. Though your request is fairly simple, you could get away with just editing Apart.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've just sent him a PM. Smile

Damion has replied and can do this for me. I've PM'd him back to find out how I can send the money to him. Hopefully he can accept PayPal.

Damion, I have to go to work but will be back later today, so if you don't hear back from me right away, I will respond within 12 hours (probably sooner) and can send you the money at that time too. In the PM I sent you it's got the info to log into my admin section if you want to take a look at anything ahead of time. Let me know if you need any other details. Thanks, I really appreciate this! Smile