MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't access ACP anymore ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out of a sudden I can't access my ACP anymore. It gives me a 403 Error / Access denied.

I have no idea where it came from, I didn't really do anything new. I can login fine in the forum itself, but not access the ACP. There is no change in any files that I can see that could have caused this.

I already did all the DB Queries that I found in this Forum, to reset ACP permissions for UID 1 etc. and that I am in the Admin Usergroup. Was posted often in this Forum. But all these changes didn't change a thing.

I also put that thing into the init.php to run the forum without Plugins, no change. So it can't be a plugin. I really don't know what to do anymore. Sad
also have you renamed your admin directory
The Admin folder was renamed, that it was already before and worked fine. Current admin foldername is the same than it was before, and like it is defined in the config.php. Folder permission on Admin folder is 755, should be fine too. Like i said, I dont find any good reason why that should have happend.
what about admin/index.php it deffinantly something to do with permissions on one of the admin files as a 403 is a permissions error. would you be willing to pm me a admin account, forum link and ftp details.
(2010-09-18, 11:41 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]what about admin/index.php it deffinantly something to do with permissions on one of the admin files as a 403 is a permissions error. would you be willing to pm me a admin account, forum link and ftp details.

I will check on these things, maybe I find the reason, at least I hope.
And thanks for your offer, but no. Please don't take that personally, I would tell other people as well, but I never give out Admin access to anyone besides my friends.

I know that makes it harder to get an issue worked out, but safety always comes first. Wink

No hard feelings I hope. Wink
no i'm always a bit iffy bout giving admin details to, unless i really trust them.
but rest assured it is deffo a permission screwed up on a file some where as thats the only thing i can think off that would cause a 403.
maybe is some plugin thingy lol you shoulded added a plugin that blocks ips and you blocked yuor ip
Are you on 1.4 or 1.6??
I face the same problem and im on 1.6.12