MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How are my CPU temps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
AMD Phenom II x4 955BE which is 3,2Ghz stock, but i dropped it down to 2,2Ghz and vcore to 1,28(then upped it again just to be safe) and yet it still got so high temps
I'm getting the impression that your motherboard is reading the temps wrong. Happens all the time, especially with Foxconn motherboards.
It's a gigabyte ma785gt-ud3h rev 1.0
Why did you underclock?
Pic talks for itself. Temps are high
Are you using the stock heatsink? Good airflow from case fans? Is the heatsink fan moving ok (no wires inhibiting it)?

I have a P2 x4 965 BE at 3.4Ghz on the stock heatsink and it runs fine at 36°C Smile I think your Mobo's hardware monitor is faulty, or its right next to a hot component.
Yeah, stock heatsink. Case does not have any fans. The heatsink fan is moving alright..6400rpm is proof of that.
I really hope the sensor is not faulty tho
Have you got any other sensors? EG: GFX card? That might give a better indication of ambient temps.

If not, do you have a thermometer? if so, unplug your pc, open up the case, stick the thermometer in and run the pc for an hour or so, go on the net or something. Then, unplug again, open up the case and read the thermometer. hat should give an indication of ambient temps.

What is your case?
Lol, maybe the sensors ARE broken. CPU 59, and the cores went above 70
People say the difference should be between 1-3C between CPU and cores yet:

[Image: 51285758.th.jpg]
I have fan controls on my pc, my ambient is like 23 degrees when they're on full, with my CPU @ 26 degrees. I'm guessing your mobo is wrong Smile
Pages: 1 2 3